Behavior of the derivatives of the error of a spline interpolation
- 31 Downloads
Assertions are proved clarifying the character of the behavior of the derivatives of the error of interpolation of differentiable periodic functions by splines with respect to the corresponding derivatives of the standard perfect spline determining the error on the entire class of functions.
KeywordsPeriodic Function Spline Interpolation Entire Class Differentiable Periodic Function Perfect Spline
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. H. Ahlberg, E. N. Nilson, and J. L. Walsh, The Theory of Splines and Their Applications, Academic Press, New York (1967).Google Scholar
- 2.S. B. Stechkin and Yu. N. Subbotin, Splines in Computational Mathematics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.C. A. Hall and W. W. Meyer, “Optimal error bounds for cubic spline interpolation,” J. Approxim. Theory,16, 105–122 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.N. P. Korneichuk, “On approximation of functions and their derivatives by interpolation splines,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,264, No. 5, 1063–1066 (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.N. P. Korneichuk, Splines in Approximation Theory [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 6.N. P. Korneichuk, “On approximation of differentiable functions and their derivatives by parabolic splines,” Ukr. Mat. Zh.,35, No. 6, 702–710 (1983).Google Scholar
- 7.N. P. Korneichuk, “Some sharp inequalities for differentiable functions and an estimate of the approximation of functions and their derivatives by interpolation cubic splines,” Sib. Mat. Zh.,34, No. 5, 94–108 (1983).Google Scholar