In this paper, we introduce connectification operators for intuitionistic and classical linear algebras corresponding to linear logic and to some of its extensions withn-contraction. In particular,n-contraction (n≥2) is a version of the contraction rule, wheren+1 occurrences of a formula may be contracted ton occurrences. Since cut cannot be eliminated from the systems withn-contraction considered most of the standard proof-theoretic techniques to investigate meta-properties of those systems are useless. However, by means of connectification we establish the disjunction property for both intuitionistic and classical affine linear logics withn-contraction.
KeywordsMathematical Logic Linear Algebra Computational Linguistic Linear Logic Disjunction Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Došen, K., P. Schroeder-Heister (eds.), 1993,Substructural Logics, Studies in Logic and Computation, D. Gabbay (ed.), Clarendon Press, Oxford.Google Scholar
- Girard, J. Y., 1987, ‘Linear Logic’,Theoretical Computer Science 50.Google Scholar
- Hori, R., H. Ono and H. Schellinx, 199x, ‘Extending Intuitionistic Linear Logic with Knotted Structural Rules’, to appear inNotre Dame Journal of Formal Logic.Google Scholar
- Kanazawa, M., 1992, ‘The Lambek Calculus Enriched by Additional Connectives’,Journal of Logic, Language and Information (1).Google Scholar
- Moerdijk, I., 1982, ‘Glueing Topoi and Higher Order Disjunction and Existence’,The L. E. J. Brouwer Centenary Symposium, A. S. Troelstra and D. van Dalen (eds), North-Holand.Google Scholar
- Moerdijk, I., 1983, ‘On the Freyd Cover of a Topos’,Notre Dame Journal of Formal Logic, vol.24, num. 4.Google Scholar
- Prijatelj, A., 1993, ‘Bounded Contraction and Many-Valued Semantics’,ILLC Prepublication Series for Mathematical Logic and Foundations ML-93-04, University of Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Prijatelj, A., 1994, ‘Free Algebra Corresponding to Multiplicative Classical Linear Logic and some Extensions’,ILLC Prepublication Series for Mathematical Logic and Foundations ML-94-08, University of Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Scedrov, A., P. J. SCOTT, 1982, ‘A Note on the Friedman Slash and Freyd Covers’,The L. E. J. Brouwer Centenary Symposium, A. S. Troelstra and D. van Dalen (eds), North-Holand.Google Scholar
- Smorynski, C. A., 1973, ‘Applications of Kripke Models’,Metamathematical Investigations of Intuitionistic Arithmetic and Analysis, A. S. Troelstra (ed), Springer-Verlag, Berlin.Google Scholar
- Troelstra, A. S., 1992,Lectures on Linear Logic, CSLI Lecture Notes, No. 29, Center for the Study of Language and Information, Stanford.Google Scholar
- Troelstra, A. S. and D. van Dalen, 1988,Constructivism in Mathematics, vol. I., vol. II, North-Holland Publishing Company, Amsterdam.Google Scholar