Purification of alkaline protease of Rhizopus oryzae by foam fractionation
Studies on the cost effective purification method is very much essential for the industrially important enzyme like protease. As foam fractionation is an important technique in downstream processing of the biologicals, purification of the crude proteolytic enzyme produced by Rhizopus oryzae has been attempted using converging-diverging foam fractionator. The effects of different parameters studied on the purification efficiency by foam fractionation were pH of the broth, air flow rate, initial liquid height. The results obtained were found quite encouraging at pH 10 with 1 LPM of air flow rate at low initial liquid height.
KeywordsEnzyme Waste Water Purification Foam Fractionation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Agnihotri, R.: Separation and purification of extra cellular enzymes from Rhizopus oryzae using foam fractionation. B.Tech Thesis, IIT Kharagpur, 1992Google Scholar
- 2.Sebba, Felix.: Foam and emulsion-formation properties and breakage, chemistry and physics of the interfaces. American Chemical Society publication, 1969Google Scholar
- 3.Banerjee, R.; Bhattacharya B. C.: Optimization of multiple inducers effect on protease biosynthesis by Rhizopus oryzae. Bioprocess Eng. 7 (1992) 225–228Google Scholar
- 4.Banerjee, R.; Bhattacharyya, B. C.: Extracellular alkaline protease of newly isolated Rhizopus oryzae. Biotechnol. Letters 14 (1992) 301–304Google Scholar
- 5.Banerjee, R.; Bhattacharyya, B. C.: Purification and characterization of protease from a newly isolated Rhizopus oryzae. Bioprocess Eng. 7 (1992) 369–374.Google Scholar
- 6.Banerjee, R.; Bhattacharya, B. C.: Evolutionary Operation (EVOP) to optimize three dimensional biological experiments. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 41 (1993) 67–71.Google Scholar
- 7.Bradford, M. M.: A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilising the principles of protein dye binding. Analytical Biochemistry 72 (1976) 248Google Scholar
- 8.Ahmed, S. I.: Separation Science. 5 (1970) 379Google Scholar
- 9.Kirk-Othmer, (Ed.): Encyclopedia of Chemical Technol. John Wiley and Sons (1987)Google Scholar
- 10.Norde, W.: Advances in colloidal interface science. 25 (1986) 267Google Scholar