Generalized killing tensors of arbitrary rank and order
- 31 Downloads
We define Killing tensors and conformal Killing tensors of arbitrary rank and order which generalize in a natural way the notion of a Killing vector. We explicitly derive the corresponding tensors for a flat de Sitter space of dimension p+q=m,m≤ 4, which permits us to calculate complete sets of symmetry operators of arbitrary order n for a scalar wave equation with m independent parameters.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. V. Ovsyannikov, Group Analysis of Differential Equations [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.V. N. Shapovalov and G. G. Ékle, Algebraic Properties of the Dirac Equation [in Russian], Kalm. Univ., Élista (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.W. Miller, Symmetry and Separation of Variables [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.E. L. Kalnins, W. Miller, Jr., and G. C. Williams, “Matrix operator symmetries of the Dirac equation and separation of variables,” J. Math. Phys.,27, No. 7, 1893–1900 (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Fushchich and A. G. Nikitin, Symmetry of the Equations of Quantum Mechanics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.W. Killing, “Über die grundlagen der geometrie,” J. Reine Angew. Math.,109, 121–186 (1892).Google Scholar
- 7.N. Kh. Ibragimov, Transformation Groups in Mathematical Physics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Walker and R. Penrose, “On quadratic first integrals of the geodesic equation for type 22 spacetimes,” Commun. Math. Phys.,18, No. 4, 265–274 (1970).Google Scholar
- 9.A. G. Nikitin and A. I. Prilipko, “Generalized Killing tensors and the symmetry of the Klein-Gordon-Fochs equation,” Preprint, Akad. Nauk UkrSSR, Inst. Matem., 90.26, 2–60 Kiev (1990).Google Scholar
- 10.G. H. Katrin and T. Levin, “Quadratic first integrals of the geodesies in spaces of constant curvature,” Tensor,16, No. 1, 97–103 (1965).Google Scholar
- 11.V. G. Bagrov, B. F. Samsonov, A. V. Shapovalov, and I. V. Shirokov, “Commutative subalgebras of symmetry operators of the wave equation containing second-order operator, and separation of variables,” Preprint, Sib. Br., Akad. Nauk SSSR, Tomsk. Nauch. Tsentr., 90.27, 3–60, Tomsk (1990).Google Scholar