The best polynomial approximation of functions analytic in the unit circle
- 43 Downloads
In the Banach space ℬ(p,q,λ), studied by M. I. Gvaradze, we establish a relation between the best polynomial approximation of an entire transcendental function and such important characteristics as its order of growth and its type.
KeywordsBanach Space Unit Circle Polynomial Approximation Transcendental Function Entire Transcendental Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. I. Gvaradze, “On the spaces ℬ (p, q. λ) of analytic functions,” Soobshch. Akad. Nauk GruzSSR,77, No. 2, 273–275 (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.M. I. Gvaradze, On a Class of Spaces of Analytic Functions, Dissertation for a Candidate of the Physicomathematical Sciences, Tbilisi (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.G. A. Oniani, “The approximation of analytic functions by linear means,” Soobshch. Akad. Nauk GruzSSR,87, No. 1, 21–24 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.A. R. Reddy, “A contribution to best approximation in the L2 norm,” J. Approx. Theory,11, No. 1, 110–117 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.I. I. Ibragimov and N. P. Shikhaliev, “On the best polynomial approximation in a space of of analytic functions,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,227, No. 2, 280–283 (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.I. I. Ibragimov and N. P. Shikhaliev, “On the best approximation in the mean of analytic functions in the space Ap(¦z¦ < 1),” in: Special Questions in the Theory of Functions [in Russian], Vol. 1, Izdat. Elm, Baku (1977), pp. 84–96.Google Scholar
- 7.E. T. Whittaker and G. N. Watson, A Course in Modern Analysis. Part 2. Transcendental Functions [Russian trnaslation], Fizmatgiz, Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 8.V. I. Smirnov and N. A. Lebedev, Constructive Theory of Functions of a Complex Variable [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1964).Google Scholar