On the nilpotency class of a multiplicative group of a modular group algebra of a dihedral 2-group
- 20 Downloads
It is proved that the wreath product of a second-order group and the commutant of a dihedral group is imbedded into a multiplicative group of a modular group algebra of a dihedral group of order 2 n . This implies that the nilpotency class of the multiplicative group is equal to 2n−2, i.e., to the order of the commutant of the dihedral group.
KeywordsGroup Algebra Wreath Product Multiplicative Group Dihedral Group Modular Group
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Shalev, On some conjectures concerning units inp-group algebras. Proceedings of the Second International Group Theory Conference (Bressanone, 1989),”Rend. Circ. Mat. Palermo, No. 23, 279–288 (1990).Google Scholar
- 2.J. T. Buckley, “Polynomial functions and wreath products”Ill. J. Math., No. 14, 274–282 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Shalev, “The nilpotency class of the unit group of a modular group algebra. I,”Isr. J. Math.,70, No. 3, 257–266 (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Shalev, “Dimension subgroups, nilpotency indices, and the number of generators of ideals inp-group algebras,”J. Algebra, No. 129, 412–438 (1990).Google Scholar
- 5.R. K. Sharma and V. Bist, “A note on Lie nilpotent group rings,”Bull. Austral. Math. Soc.,45, No. 3, 503–506 (1992).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Sandling, “Presentations for the unit group of modular group algebras of groups of order 16,”Math. Comp.,59, No. 200, 689–701 (1992).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Shalev, “Lie dimension subgroups, Lie nilpotency indices, and the exponent of the group of normalized units,”J. London Math. Soc.,2, No. 43, 23–36 (1991).Google Scholar
- 8.A. K. Bhandari and I. B. S. Passi, “Lie nilpotency indices of group algebras,”Bull. London. Math. Soc.,24, No. 1, 68–70 (1992).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Shalev, “The nilpotency class of the unit group of a modular group algebra, III,”Arch. Math. (Basel), No. 60, 136–145 (1993).Google Scholar
- 10.X. Du, “The centers of radical rings,”Can. Math. Bull., No. 35, 174–179 (1992).Google Scholar