We give a simple proof of the canonicity of Sahlqvist identities, using methods that were introduced in a paper by Jónsson and Tarski in 1951.
KeywordsMathematical Logic Simple Proof Computational Linguistic Sahlqvist Identity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- W. J. Blok,The lattice of modal logics: an algebraic investigation J. Symbolic Logic 45 (1980), pp. 221–236.Google Scholar
- K. Fine,Some connections between modal and elementary logic, Proc. Third Scandinavian Logic Symposium, Studies in Logic 82 (Stig Kanger ed), North Holland, 1975, pp. 15 – 31.Google Scholar
- R. Goldblatt,Varieties of complex algebras Annals of Pure and Applied Logic 44 (1989), pp. 173–242.Google Scholar
- R. Goldblatt,The McKinsey axiom is not canonical J. Symbolic Logic 56 (1991), pp. 554–562.Google Scholar
- L. Henkin,Extending Boolean operations Fund. Math. 22 (1970), pp. 723–752.Google Scholar
- B. Jónsson, [a]The preservation theorem for Boolean algebras with operators, Proc. of the International Conference Honoring Garrett Birkhoff (K. Baker, E. T. Schmidt, R. Wille, ed's), Darmstadt, Germany, June 13 – 17, 1991, Springer-Verlag, to appear.Google Scholar
- B. Jónsson andA. Tarski,Boolean algebras with operators I Amer. J. Math. 73 (1951), pp. 891–939.Google Scholar
- E. J. Lemmon,An Introduction to Modal Logic Amer. Phil. Quarterly Monograph Ser. Basil, Blackwell 1977.Google Scholar
- J. C. C. McKinsey andA. Tarski,Some theorems about the sentential calculi of Lewis and Heyting J. Symbolic Logic 13 (1948), pp. 1–15.Google Scholar
- H. Ribeiro,A remark on Boolean algebras with operators Amer. J. Math. 74 (1952), pp. 162–167.Google Scholar
- R. de Rijke andY. Venema, [a]Sahlqvist's Theorem for Boolean Algebras with Operators, Manuscript.Google Scholar
- H. Sahlqvist,Completeness and correspondence in the first and second order semantics of modal logic, Proc. Third Scandinavian Logic Symposium, Studies in Logic 82 (Stig Kanger ed), North Holland, 1975, pp. 110 – 143.Google Scholar