System of equations for describing dynamical problems associated with the mechanics of lung parenchyma
- 25 Downloads
In , which is an expanded version of the paper , the equations of conservation of mass and momentum are shown to be valid for dynamical problems of lung parenchyma. This system of equations is now closed by means of the heat flux equation. As in [1, 2], the heat flux equation is obtained on the basis of the methods of the mechanics of heterogeneous media  and anatomical data on the structure of lung parenchyma.
KeywordsHeat Flux Dynamical Problem Lung Parenchyma Heterogeneous Medium Anatomical Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. I. D'yachenko. and G. A. Lyubimov, “Equations of dynamics of lung parenchyma treated as a multiphase continuum,” in: Mechanics and Progress in Science and Engineerings Vol. 2 [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1987), p. 244.Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. D'yachenko and G. A. Lyubimov, “Model of the dynamics of lung parenchyma as a multiphase continuum,” in: Abstracts of Proceedings of the Sixth All-Union Conference on Theoretical and Applied Mechanics [in Russian], National Committee of the USSR on Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Tashkent (1986).Google Scholar
- 3.R. I. Nigmatulin, Fundamentals of the Mechanics of Heterogeneous Media [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.E. R. Weibel, Morphometry of the Human Lung, Academic Press (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.J. R. Rodarte, “Stress-strain analysis and the lung,” Fed. Proc,41, 130 (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. Ch. Fyn, “Biomechanics,” in: Theoretical and Applied Mechanics: IUTAM Proceedings of the Fourteenth International Congress [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1979), p. 100.Google Scholar
- 7.S. J. Lai-Fook, “Elastic properties of lung parenchyma: The effect of pressure-volume hysteresis on the behavior of large blood vessels,” J. Biomech.,12, 757 (1979).Google Scholar
- 8.L. I. Nemirovskii, Pulmophonography [in Russian], Meditsina, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 9.V. H. Cegla, “Some aspects of pneumosonography,” Prog. Respir. Res., Basel: Karger,11, 235 (1979).Google Scholar