Correlation lengths for oriented percolation
- 54 Downloads
Oriented percolation has two correlation lengths, one in the “space” and one in the “time” direction. In this paper we define these quantities for the two-dimensional model in terms of the exponential decay of suitably chosen quantities, and study the relationship between the various definitions. The definitions are used in a companion paper to prove inequalities between critical exponents.
Key wordsCorrelation lengths oriented percolation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. van den Berg and H. Kesten, Inequalities with applications to percolation and reliability,J. Appl. Prob. 22:556–569 (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.J. T. Chayes, L. Chayes, G. Grimmett, H. Kesten, and R. H. Schonmann, The correlation length for the high density phase of Bernoulli percolation, Preprint (1988).Google Scholar
- 3.D. Dhar, M. Barma, and M. Phani, Duality transformations for two dimensional directed percolation and resistance problems,Phys. Rev. Lett. 47:1238–1241 (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.R. Durrett, Oriented percolation in two dimension,Ann. Prob. 12:999–1040 (1984).Google Scholar
- 5.R. Durrett and R. H. Schonmann, Contact process on a finite set, II,Ann. Prob. 16(4), to appear.Google Scholar
- 6.R. Durrett, R. H. Schonmann, and N. I. Tanaka, Contact process on a finite set, III,Ann. Prob., to appear.Google Scholar
- 7.R. Durrett and N. I. Tanaka, Scaling theory for oriented percolation,J. Stat. Phys. 55:981–995 (1989).Google Scholar
- 8.T. Harris, A lower bound for the critical probability in certain percolation processes,Proc. Camb. Phil. Soc. 56:13–20.Google Scholar
- 9.S. Redner, Percolation and conduction in a random resistor-diode network,J. Phys. A 14:L349–354.Google Scholar
- 10.S. Redner, Directed and diode percolation,Phys. Rev. B 25:3242–3250 (1982).Google Scholar
- 11.N. I. Tanaka, Scaling theory for oriented percolation, Ph.D. Dissertation, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York.Google Scholar