Cellulase production byTalaromycesemersonii CBS 814.70 co-immobilized with cellulose in calcium alginate
- 27 Downloads
The thermophilic fungusTalaromycesemersonii CBS 814.70 was co-immobilized with cellulose in calcium alginate beads. Cellulose production by this system was compared with a conventional process. The immobilized system continued to produce enzyme in a batch-fed reactor system while the non-immobilized had ceased production; levels of enzyme produced by the immobilized system were almost twice the maximum produced by the non-immobilized system.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dale, E.D. (1987) Trends in Biotechnology.5 287–291.Google Scholar
- Folan,M.A. & Coughlan,M.P. (1978) Int. J. Biochem.9 717–722.Google Scholar
- McHale,A.P. & Coughlan,M.P. (1980) FEBS Lett.117 319–322.Google Scholar
- McHale,A.P. & Coughlan,M.P. (1981) Biochem. Biophys. Acta.622 145–151.Google Scholar
- McHale,A.P. & Morrison,J. (1986) Enzyme & Microbial. Technol.8 749–753.Google Scholar
- Morrison,J. & McHale,A.P. (1987) Enzyme & Mcirobial. Technol.9 422–425.Google Scholar
- Vaheri,M.P. Vaheri,M.E. & Kaupman, V.S. (1979) Eur.J.Appl. Microb. Technol8 73–80Google Scholar