Equilibrium state of a classical fluid of hard rods in an external field
- 463 Downloads
The external field required to produce a given density pattern is obtained explicitly for a classical fluid of hard rods. All direct correlation functions are shown to be of finite range in all pairs of variables. The one-sided factors of the pair direct correlation are also found to be of finite range.
Key wordsOne-dimensional fluid hard rods nonuniform direct correlation function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. S. Liu,J. Chem. Phys. 60:4226 (1974); Liu, Kalos, and Chester,Phys. Rev. A 10:303(1974).Google Scholar
- 2.J. K. Percus, inEquilibrium Theory of Classical Fluids, H. Frisch and J. L. Lebowitz, eds. (Benjamin, New York, 1964).Google Scholar
- 3.I. Z. Fisher,Statistical Theory of Liquids (U. Chicago, Chicago, 1964), p. 75.Google Scholar
- 4.L. S. Ornstein and F. Zernike,Proc. Akad. Sci. (Amsterdam) 17:793 (1914).Google Scholar
- 5.J. K. Percus and G. J. Yevick,Phys. Rev. 110:1 (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.J. K. Percus and G. J. Yevick,Phys. Rev. 136B:290 (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.J. L. Lebowitz and J. K. Percus,Phys. Rev. 144:251 (1966).Google Scholar
- 8.R. J. Baxter,Amt. J. Phys. 21:563 (1968).Google Scholar