Construction of reflectionless potentials with infinite discrete spectrum
- 91 Downloads
We investigate the one-dimensional Schrödinger operator. The condition that the potential be self-similar under Darboux transformation leads to transparent potentials with infinitely many eigenvalues.
KeywordsDiscrete Spectrum Darboux Transformation Reflectionless Potential Transparent Potential Infinite Discrete Spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Shabat, “The infinite-dimensional dressing dynamical system,”Inverse Problems,8, 303–308 (1992).Google Scholar
- 2.F. Calogero and A. Degasperis,Spectral Transform and Solitons: Tools to Solve and Investigate Nonlinear Evolution Equations, Vol. 1, North Holland Publ. Co., Amsterdam (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.A. B. Shabat Potentials with vanishing reflection coefficient.Dynamics of Continuous Matter,5, 130–145 (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Marchenko, “The Cauchy problem for the KdV equation with non-decreasing initial data,” In:What is integrability? (V. A. Zakharov, ed.), Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1991), pp. 273–318.Google Scholar
- 5.A. P. Veselov and A. B. Shabat The dressing dynamical system and spectral theory of Schrödinger operator.Funct. Anal. Appl.,27 (1993).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Ramani, B. Grammaticos, and K. M. Tamizhmani, “Painlevé analysis and singularity confinement: the ultimate conjecture,”J. Phys. A.: Math. Gen.,26, L53-L58 (1993).Google Scholar
- 7.G. Strang, “Wavelets and dilation equations: a brief introduction.,”SIAM Review,31, 614–637 (1989).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Degasperis and A. Shabat, “Construction of reflectionless potentials with infinitely many discrete eigenvalues,” In:Application of Analytic and Geometric Methods to Nonlinear Differential Equations, P. A. Clarkson (ed.),Proceedings of NATO Workshop, Exeter July 1992, Kluwer Academic Publ. (1993).Google Scholar
- 9.T. Kato and J. B. McLeod, “The functional-differential equationy′(x)=ay(λx)+by(x),”Bull Amer. Math. Soc.,77, 891–937 (1971).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1995