A nonlinear system under combined periodic and random excitation
- 104 Downloads
The anharmonic oscillator under combined sinusoidal and white noise excitation is studied using the Gaussian closure approximation. The mean response and the steady-state variance of the system is obtained by the WKBJ approximation and also by the Fokker-Planck equation. The multiple steadystate solutions are obtained and their stability analysis is presented. Numerical results are obtained for a particular set of system parameters. The theoretical results are compared with a digital simulation study to bring out the usefulness of the present approximate theory.
Key wordsNonlinear equation stochastic process stability steady-state Gaussian closure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. K. Caughey,J. Acou. Soc. Am. 35:1706–1711 (1963).Google Scholar
- 2.A. B. Budgor,J. Stat. Phys. 17:21–44 (1977).Google Scholar
- 3.A. R. Bulsara, K. Lindenberg, and K. E. Shuler,J. Stat. Phys. 27:787–808 (1982).Google Scholar
- 4.R. N. Iyengar and P. K. Dash,J. App. Mech. 45:393–399 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.R. L. Stratonovich,Topics in the Theory of Random Noise, Vol. II (Gordon and Breach, New York, 1963).Google Scholar