A vector measurement scheme for testing quasi-optical components
- 17 Downloads
A quasi-optical vector network analyzer has been developed and used to conduct a study of the complex reflection coefficients of planar structures. Good agreement has been obtained between theory and experiment for both amplitude and phase measurements at millimeter/microwave frequencies. A narrow band filter consisting of an array of annular slots in a metallic screen with a transmission peak at 35 GHz has been fabricated and tested over the range 26.5–40 GHz.
KeywordsReflection Network Analyzer Reflection Coefficient Narrow Band Planar Structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- W. W. Lam, C. F. Jou, H. Z. Chen, K. S. Stolt, N. C. Luhmann, and D. B. Rutledge, ‘Millimeter-Wave Diode-Grid Phase Shifters,’ IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques,MTT-36, 1988, pp. 902–907.Google Scholar
- A. Roberts and R. C. Compton, ‘Bandpass Filters for use in Millimeter Wave Quasi-Optical Systems’, 1989 IEEE AP-S International Symposium, Proceedings, pp. 1726–1729.Google Scholar
- G. F. Engen, ‘The Six-Port Reflectometer: An Alternative Network Analyzer,’ IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques,MTT-25, 1977, pp. 1075–1085.Google Scholar
- C. A. Hoer, ‘A Network Analyzer Incorporating Two Six-Port Reflectometers,’ IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques,MTT-25, 1977, pp. 1070–1074.Google Scholar
- G. F. Engen, ‘Calibrating the Six-Port Reflectometer by Means of Slibing Terminations,’ IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques,MTT-26, 1978, pp. 951–957.Google Scholar
- A. Roberts and R. C. McPhedran, ‘Bandpass Grids with Annular Apertures,’ IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation,AP-36, 1988, pp. 607–611.Google Scholar
- E. A. Parker and S. M. A. Hamdy, ‘Rings as Elements for Frequency Selective Surfaces,’ Electronics Letters,17, 1981, pp. 612–614.Google Scholar
- P. A. Krug, D. H. Dawes, R. C. McPhedran, W. Wright, J. C. Macfarlane, and L. B. Whitbourn, ‘Annular Slot Arrays as Far Infrared Bandpass Filters’, submitted for publication to Optics Letters.Google Scholar
- C. G. Christodoulou, D. P. Kwan, R. Middleveen, and P. F. Wahid, ‘Scattering from Stacked Gratings and Dielectrics for Various Angles of Wave Incidence,’ IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation,AP-36, 1988, pp. 1435–1442.Google Scholar
- C.-C. Chen, ‘Diffraction of Electromagnetic Waves by a Conducting Screen Perforated Periodically with Circular Holes,’ IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques,MTT19, 1971, pp. 475–481.Google Scholar