A clique-detection algorithm based on neighborhoods in graphs
- 64 Downloads
The notion of cliques is the logical starting point for a broad class of clustering problems. Algorithms for the identification of the cliques of a graph are of great importance in automatic classification by computer. This paper presents an approach which proceeds recursively from the given graph downward through a chain of subgraphs. The proposed approach permits the removal of more than a single point in the progression from one subgraph to the next, thus reducing the number of iterations required for completion.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. G. Augustson and J. Minker, “An analysis of some graph theoretical cluster techniques,”J. ACM 17(4):571–588 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.A. R. Bednarek and O. E. Taulbee, “On maximal chains,”Rev. Roum. Math. Pures et Appl. XI(1):23–25 (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.R. E. Bonner, “On some clustering techniques,”IBM J. Res. Develop. 8(1):22–32 (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.C. C. Gotlieb and S. Kumar, “Semantic clustering of index terms,”J. ACM 15(4):493–513 (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.F. Harary,Graph Theory (Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass. 1969).Google Scholar
- 6.N. Jardine and R. Sibson, “The construction of hierarchic and non-hierarchic classifications,”Comp. J. 11:177–184 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.J. Moon and L. Moser, “On cliques in graphs,”Israel J. Math. 3 (March):23–28 (1965).Google Scholar