Variational method for measuring dielectric parameters of polar liquids at ultrahigh frequencies
- 16 Downloads
Owing to the use of nomograms the above method is universal and rapid. It is independent of the frequency at which the values of ε′ and ε″ are measured, and it is equally applicable for measuring dielectric parameters of polar liquids which are highly absorbent at ultrahigh frequencies and have one or two clearly expressed minima in the relationship of η tol, and for liquids with low dielectric losses in the uhf range, whose measurement with adequate precision is difficult by other methods. Among the deficiencies of the suggested method one should note the two values obtained for λd and tan Δ/2 from the nomogram readings. However, this deficiency can easlly eliminated either by comparing the two values for λd and tan Δ/2 with those obtained for them from a similar nomogram and the second minimum in the relationship of η tol, or by an approximate evaluation of λd and tan Δ/2 by means of any other less precise measuring method.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Analytical Chemistry Measuring Method Dielectric Loss Variational Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Brandt, Investigation of Dielectrics at Ultrahigh Frequencies [in Russian], Fizmatgiz, Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 2.R. M. Kasimov and P. S. Nagizade, Vestnik MGU, Seriya Khimicheskaya, No. 2 (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.E. Fatuzzo and P. R. Mason, J. of Appl. Rh.,36, No. 2 (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.A. F. Harvey, UHF Technology [Russian translation], Sov. radio, Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.J. Ph. Poley, J. Appl. Sci. Res.,B4, No. 5 (1955).Google Scholar