Kinetic study of the oxidation of n-butyl ether by molecular oxygen in the liquid phase
- 24 Downloads
The oxidation kinetics of n-butyl ether was studied at 313–353 K, and the oxidizability parameter K, the chain-initiation rate v0i, and the rate constant of degenerate chain branching k3i were determined.
In the initial oxidation stages only 65% of the absorbed oxygen is converted to ROOH. The unbalance in the ROOH formation and O2 absorption is explained by degradation of the α-alkoxy-α-hydroperoxylalkyl radical formed as a result of intramolecular chain transfer by the α-alkoxyalkylperoxy radical.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. T. Denisov, N. I. Mitskevich, and V. E. Agabekov, Mechanism of Liquid-Phase Oxidation of Oxygen-Containing Compounds [in Russian], Nauka i Tekhnika, Minsk (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.K. I. Ivanov, V. K. Savinova, and E. T. Mikhailova, Zh. Org. Khim.,16, 1003, 1015 (1946).Google Scholar
- 3.J. A. Howard and K. U. Ingold, Can. J. Chem.,48, 873 (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.N. Kulevsky, C. T. Wang, and W. J. Stenberg, J. Org. Chem.,34, 1345 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.N. M. Émanuél', G. P. Gladyshev, E. T. Denisov, V. F. Tsepalov, V. V. Kharitonov, and K. B. Piotrovskii, Order of Testing of Chemical Compounds as Stabilizers of Polymer Materials. Preprint [in Russian], Chernogolovka (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Kharitonov, B. N. Zhitenev, and A. I. Stanilovskii, USSR Inventor's Certificate 582,481, Byull. Izobret., No. 44 (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.N. F. Trofimova, V. V. Kharitonov, and E. T. Denisov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,253, 651 (1980).Google Scholar