Asymptotics of a time correlation function in multiple recurrent scattering of scalar waves
- 30 Downloads
We consider an integral that recently showed up in the calculation of the time-dependent field-field correlation function of the electric field inside polarizable (dielectric) particles. We derive new integral representations on which numerical algorithms can be based and which give information on the asymptotic behaviour for large values of a time parameter. We interpret the results of the paper in terms of the physical problem.
KeywordsCorrelation Function Asymptotic Behaviour Mathematical Method Integral Representation Time Correlation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. A. van Tiggelen and A. Lagendijk,Resonantly induced dipole-dipole coupling in diffusion of classical waves, to be published in Phys. Rev. B (Brief report).Google Scholar
- B. A. van Tiggelen, A. Tip and A. Lagendijk,Dwell times for light and electrons, J. Phys. A.26 (1993), 1731.Google Scholar
- R. Loudon,The Quantum Theory of Light, Clarendon, Oxford 1973.Google Scholar
- N. G. de Bruijn,Asymptotic Methods in Analysis, North Holland, Amsterdam 1974. Reprinted by Dover, New York 1981.Google Scholar
- V. B. Beresteskii, E. M. Lifshitz and L. P. Pitaevskii,Relativistic Quantum Theory, Pergamon, Oxford 1971.Google Scholar