New method for preparation of 2-bromothiophene
- 148 Downloads
The reaction of KBrO3 with thiophene in the presence of HBr in a two-phase water-ether system permits obtaining 2-bromothiophene, not contaminated with 2,5-dibromothiophene, in high yield.
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.N. R. Clark, Manufactur. Chem. and Aerosol News,43, 23 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.A. P. Terent'ev, L. I. Belen'kii, and L. A. Yanovskaya, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,24, 1265 (1954).Google Scholar
- 3.A. McKillop, D. Bromley, and E. C. Taylor, J. Org. Chem.,37, 88 (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.Ya. L. Gol'dfarb and M. L. Kirmalova, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,26, 3409 (1956).Google Scholar
- 5.M. L. Kirmalova, Dissertation, Moscow (1958).Google Scholar
- 6.A. R. Butler and J. B. Hendry, J. Chem. Soc. B,1970, 170.Google Scholar
- 7.N. C. Deno and N. H. Potter, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,89, 3550 (1967).Google Scholar
- 8.H. D. Hartough, Thiophene and Its Derivatives, Wiley-Interscience, New York (1952), p. 208.Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1983