Researches on 2,1,3-thia-and selenadiazole
- 41 Downloads
Chlorination of benzo-2,1,3-thiadiazole (I) in the presence of iron and paraform gives only 4-chlorobenzo-2,1,3-thiazole. Chlorination of 5,6-dimethylbenzo-2,1,3-thiadiazole (II) under exactly the same conditions gives only 5,6-dimethyl-4,7-dichlorobenzo-2,1,2-thiadiazole. Similarly chloromethylation of II in the presence of paraform gives only 5,6-dimethly-4,7-di(chloromethyl)benzo-2,1,3-thiadiazole. Chlorination and chloromethylation of I proceed through the intermediate formation of monosubstituted compounds which change into disubstimted ones.
It is known [2,3] that Chlorination of benzo-2,1,3-thiadiazole (I) and its 5,6-dimethyl derivative (II) with chlorine in the presence of iron gives mainly the 4,7-dichloro substitution products III and IV respectively.
It was previously shown  that chloromethylation of I with dichlorodimethyl ether in the presence of anhydrous aluminum chloride also gives mainly 4,7-di(chloromethyl)benzo-2,1,3-thiadiazole (V). Bases and pseudo-bases (paraform, urotropine. dimethylformamide) have a retarding effect on chloromethylation. When the reaction is run in the presence of these latter the products comprise besides V, 4-chloromethyl-2,1,3-thiadiazole (VI), or else, if enough base is added, there is no reaction.
KeywordsIron Aluminum Ether Chloride Chlorine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. G. Pesin and S. A. D'yachenko, KhGS [Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds], 541, 1966.Google Scholar
- 2.V. G. Pesin, A. M. Khaletskii, and V. A. Sergeev, ZhOKh,33, 949, 1963.Google Scholar
- 3.V. G. Pesin, V. A. Sergeev, and A. M. Khaletskii, ZhOKh,34, 3028, 1964.Google Scholar
- 4.V. G. Pesin and E. K. D'yachenko, KhGS [Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds], 533, 1966.Google Scholar
- 5.V. G. Pesin, A. M. Khaletskii, and V. A. Sergeev, ZhOKh,33, 1759, 1963.Google Scholar
- 6.V. G. Pesin, A. M. Khaletskii, and Chao Chihchung, ZhOKh,27, 1570, 1957.Google Scholar
- 7.V. G. Pesin, V. A. Sergeev, and A. M. Khaletskii, ZhOKh,34, 1263, 1964.Google Scholar