Sensitivity analysis for variational inequalities
- 278 Downloads
Sensitivity analysis results for variational inequalities are presented which give conditions for existence and equations for calculating the derivatives of solution variables with respect to perturbation parameters. The perturbations are of both the variational inequality function and the feasible region. Results for the special case of nonlinear complementarity are also presented. A numerical example demonstrates the results for variational inequalities.
Key WordsSensitivity analysis variational inequalities nonlinear complementarity equilibrium analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dafermos, S. C.,An Iterative Scheme for Variational Inequalities, Mathematical Programming, Vol. 26, pp. 40–47, 1983.Google Scholar
- 2.Pang, J., andChan, D.,Iterative Methods for Variational and Complementarity Problems, Mathematical Programming, Vol. 24, pp. 284–313, 1982.Google Scholar
- 3.Nagurney, A. B.,Stability, Sensitivity Analysis, and Computation of Competitive Network Equilibria, Brown University, PhD Dissertation, 1983.Google Scholar
- 4.Irwin, C. L., andYang, C. W.,Iteration and Sensitivity for a Spatial Equilibrium Problem with Linear Supply and Demand Functions, Operations Research, Vol. 30, pp. 319–335, 1982.Google Scholar
- 5.Chao, G. S., andFriesz, T. L.,Spatial Price Equilibrium Sensitivity Analysis, Transportation Research, Vol. 18B, pp. 423–440, 1984.Google Scholar
- 6.Rockaffllar, R. T.,Lagrange Multipliers and Variational Inequalities, Variational Inequalities and Complementarity Problems, Edited by R. W. Cottle, F. Giannessi, and J. L. Lions, Wiley, New York, New York, 1980.Google Scholar
- 7.Mancino, O., andStampacchia, G.,Convex Programming and Variational Inequalities, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 9, pp. 3–23, 1972.Google Scholar
- 8.Fiacco, A. V., andMcCormick, G. P.,Nonlinear Programming: Sequential Unconstrained Minimization Techniques, Wiley, New York, New York, 1968.Google Scholar
- 9.Fiacco, A. V.,Sensitivity Analysis for Nonlinear Programming Using Penalty Methods, Mathematical Programming, Vol. 10, pp. 287–311, 1976.Google Scholar
- 10.Fiacco, A. V.,Introduction to Sensitivity and Stability Analysis in Nonlinear Programming, Academic Press, New York, New York, 1983.Google Scholar