A gas-chromatographic method of determining ledol in the essential oil, leaves, and herbage ofLedum palustre
- 54 Downloads
A gas-chromatographic method has been developed for the quantitative determination of ledol in the essential oil ofLedum palustre which permits the amount of ledol in the leaves and herbage to be determined.
Depending on the vegetation phase and the growth site of theL. palustre, the amount of ledol in the essential oil ranges between 23 and 37%. When ledol is obtained from the essential oil ofL. palustre by freezing-out, the residual concentration of ledol in the essential oil subjected to the process is 9–10%.
The mean content of ledol calculated on the raw material (herbage ofL. pazustre) is 0.25–0.3%.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Quantitative Determination Residual Concentration Vegetation Phase Growth Site
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Atlas of Medicinal Plants of the USSR [in Russian], Moscow (1962), p. 58; Atlas of the Areas and Resources of Medicinal Plants of the USSR [in Russian], Moscow (1976), pp. 64 and 195.Google Scholar
- 2.N. P. Kir'yalov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,61, 305 (1948).Google Scholar
- 3.N. P. Kir'yalov, Priroda, No. 11, 53 (1949).Google Scholar
- 4.N. P. Kir'yalov and I. A. Pankova, Proceedings of the Botanical Institute of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Series 5. Plant Raw Material [in Russian], No. 3, Moscow- Leningrad (1952), pp. 36–39.Google Scholar
- 5.N. P. Kir'yalov and T. N. Naugol'naya, Proceedings of the Botanical Institute of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. Series 5. Plant Raw Material [in Russian], No. 9, Moscow-Leningrad (1961), pp. 169–174.Google Scholar
- 6.N. P. Kir'yalov, Plant Resources of Siberia, the Urals, and the Far East [in Russian], Novosibirsk (1965), pp. 187–192.Google Scholar
- 7.V. G. Regir and G. A. Galaktionova, Proceedings of the Third All-Russian Congress of Pharmacists [in Russian], Sverdlovsk (1975), pp. 303–304.Google Scholar
- 8.Instructions, Notes, and Other Materials on the Use of Medicinal Agents [in Russian], 10th ed., Moscow (1968), p. 816; Pharmacopoeial Paper 42-413-72 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.M. Schantz and R. Hiltunen, Scientia Pharmaceutica,39, 137 (1971).Google Scholar
- 10.L. M. Andronova, Collection of Scientific Papers No. 8. Results of Scientific Investigations in the Field of Medicinal Plant Breeding [in Russian], No. 8, Moscow (1975), pp. 186–188.Google Scholar
- 11.R. I. Evstratova, T W Kabanov, I. I, Krylova, and L. I. Prokusheva, Khim.-Farm. Zh., No. 10 (1978).Google Scholar