Solving nonlinear inequalities in a finite number of iterations
- 86 Downloads
This paper describes a modified Newton algorithm for solving a finite system of inequalities in a finite number of iterations.
Key WordsInequality constraints feasible point algorithms finite convergence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Polak, E.,Computational Methods in Optimization, Academic Press, New York, New York, 1971.Google Scholar
- 2.Zakian, N., andAl-naib, U.,Design of Dynamical and Control Systems by the Method of Inequalities, Proceedings of the Institution of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Vol. 120, pp. 1421–1472, 1973.Google Scholar
- 3.Becker, R. G., Heunis, A. J., andMayne, D. Q.,Computer Aided Design via Optimization, Imperial College, London, England, Department of Computing and Control, Research Report No. 78/47, 1978.Google Scholar
- 4.Polak, E., andMayne, D. Q.,On the Finite Solution of Nonlinear Inequalities, University of California, Berkeley, California, Electronics Research Laboratory, Memorandum No. UCB/ERL-M78/80, 1978.Google Scholar
- 5.Daniel, J. W.,On Perturbations in Systems of Linear Inequalities, SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, Vol. 10, pp. 299–303, 1973.Google Scholar
- 6.Powell, M. J. D.,Variable Metric Methods for Constrained Optimization, Paper Presented at the 3rd International Symposium on Computing Methods in Applied Science and Engineering, Paris, France, 1977.Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1981