Telomerization of ethylene with dicarboxylic esters
- 20 Downloads
The diesters of mono-α-alkyl- andα,α-dialkyldicarboxylic acids were obtained by the telomerization of ethylene with the dimethyl esters of succinic and adipic acids.
Rearrangement of the radicals, with a 1,5-migration of the hydrogen atoms, occurs during the telomerization of the dimethyl ester of adipic acid.
KeywordsHydrogen Ethylene Ester Hydrogen Atom Dimethyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. C. Allen, J. Cadogan, B. Harris, and D. H. Hey, Chem. Ind. (London), 830 (1961).Google Scholar
- 2.J. C. Allen, J. Cadogan, B. Harris, and D. H. Hey, J. Chem. Soc., 4468 (1962).Google Scholar
- 3.K. Ziegler and W. Deparaade, German Patent 864866 (1953); Chem. Abstr.,51, 4416e (1957).Google Scholar
- 4.A. B. Terent'ev, S. N. Aminov, and R. Kh. Freidlina, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2042 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.E. Berner and R. Leonardsen, Ann. Chem.,538, 21 (1939).Google Scholar
- 6.H. L. Moal, A. Foucaud, R. Carrie, D. Danion, and C. Fayat, Bull. Soc. Chim. France, 828 (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.R. Kh. Freidlina, A. B. Terent'ev, and V. I. Dostovalova, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2125 (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. N. Ogibin, M. I. Katsin, and G. I. Nikishin, ibid., 1225 (1972).Google Scholar
- 9.H. Kleinau, Angew. Chem.,83, 913 (1971).Google Scholar