Coacervate systems and origin of life
- 120 Downloads
Hydrophilic coacervate systems consist of coacervate drops (0.5–640μ in diameter) and liquid. The most molecules are cooperated into the drops. Defects of such systems and drops are instability. Stable protein-nucleic-acid carbol-hydrate drops are studied. Enzymatical oxidized reactions were fulfield by the peroxidase (126.96.36.199) and the polyphenoloxidase (188.8.131.52) and its substrates (phenol and other ones) in coacervate systems. The drops are getting stable by the oxidized compounds quinones and others. The quinone content of individual drops (more than 5000 dorps) was found by means scaning Cytospectrophotometer SIM. The limit of analysis 1×10−13–10−14g, the errors 3% of the value found. The mathematical equations of the dependence both the size of drops and the content of oxidized compounds were calculated. The structure of stable drops was investigated in electronic microscope. The drops bound one to other by means bridges or hills, and formed colonia. We proposed that different stability of drops, especially stable ones, and colonia are interesting phenomena for the Origin of Life.
KeywordsElectronic Microscope Phenol Organic Chemistry Geochemistry Quinone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Buvet, R.: 1971,Origin of Life and Evolutionary Biochemistry, Varna, Bulgaria, p. 19.Google Scholar
- Evreinova, T. N.: 1966,Concentration of Substances and the Action of Enzymes in Coacervate Systems, Nauka, Moscow.Google Scholar
- Evreinova, T. N.: 1972,Dokl. Sci. Biol. U.S.S.R. N12,Google Scholar
- Evreinova, T. N. and Bailey, A.: 1968,Dokl. Akad. Sci. U.S.S.R. 723, 179.Google Scholar
- Evreinova, T. N., Stephanov, S. B., and Mamontova, T. W.: 1973,Dokl. Acad. Sci. U.S.S.R. Google Scholar
- Evreinova, T. N., Karnaukhov, W. N., Mamontova, T. W., and Ivanizki, G. R.: 1971,J. Colloid Interface Sci. 30, 18.Google Scholar
- Evreinova, T. N., Mamontova, T. W., Littinskaya, K. L., and Hrust, H. R.: 1972,Dokl. Acad. Sci. U.S.S.R. 204, 991.Google Scholar
- Fox, S. W.: 1968,Quart. J. Florida Acad. Sci. 31, 1.Google Scholar
- Oparin, A. I.: 1966,The Beginning and the Origin of Life on the Earth, Medizine, Moscow.Google Scholar