Asymmetric synthesis in the 1,4-addition of cyclopentadiene to (−)-menthyl methacrylate
- 27 Downloads
We have carried out an asymmetric synthesis of norbornene derivatives by reaction of cyclopentadiene with menthyl methacrylate; at higher temperatures the overall yield of the adduct and the proportion of the exo isomer are much greater, while the optical yield increases slightly.
We have calculated the boiling points and Kovats retention indices of the synthetic compounds from the Chromatographie parameters.
KeywordsAdduct Boiling Methacrylate Boiling Point Retention Index
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. N. Mel'nikov, Chemistry of Pesticides [in Russian], Khimiya (1968).Google Scholar
- 2.M, M. Guseinov, I. M. Akhmedov, and É. G. Mamedov, Azerb. Khim. Zh.,1976, 46.Google Scholar
- 3.É. G. Mamedov, I. M. Akhmedov, É. A. Kyazimov, and D. E. Mishiev, Proceedings of the Third All-Union Conference on Stereochemistry [in Russian], Baku and Sumgait (1976), p. 53.Google Scholar
- 4.D. E. Mishiev, É. G. Mamedov, and É. A. Kyazimov, Proceedings of the All-Union Conference on Physical Chemistry and Preparative Use of Chromatography [in Russian], Riga (1976), p. 99.Google Scholar
- 5.C. S. Rondestvedt, Jr., and C. D. Ver Nooy, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,77, 4878 (1955).Google Scholar
- 6.V. M. Sakharov, S. A. Leont'eva, and N. I. Dulova, Khim. Tekhnol. Topl. Masel,6, 58 (1967).Google Scholar
- 7.E. Kovats, Helv. Chim. Acta,41, 1915 (1958).Google Scholar
- 8.J. A. Berson, J. S. Walia, A. Remanick, and S. Suzuki, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,83, 3986 (1951).Google Scholar
- 9.M. M. Koton, T. A. Sokolova, M. N. Savitskaya, and T. M. Kiserova, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,23, 417(1958).Google Scholar
- 10.J. A. Berson and D. A. Ben-Efraim, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,81, 4083 (1959).Google Scholar