Mechanism of the interaction of concentrated sulfuric acid and glacial acetic acid
- 448 Downloads
It was established by investigations of the IR spectra that the reaction between sulfuric and acetic acids proceeds in two steps: at the first step the H2SO4 and CH3COOH molecules interact in a 1∶2 ratio; at the second stage two more molecules of H2SO4 are added to the product obtained.
The stoichiometric ratio of the acids in the final product is 3∶2.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. I. Usanovich and T. N. Sumarokova, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,17, 1415 (1947).Google Scholar
- 2.S. P. Miskidzhan and N. A. Trifonov, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,17, 1231 (1949).Google Scholar
- 3.S. P. Miskidzhan and N. A. Trifonov, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,17, 2216 (1947).Google Scholar
- 4.S. P. Miskidzhan, N. A. Trifonov, I. N. Fedos'ev, and N. N. Balandina, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,19, 441, 444 (1949).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. Ya. Fialkova and V. S. Zhikharev, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,33, 3 (1963).Google Scholar
- 6.S. Hoshino, H. Hosoya, and S. Nagakura, Canad. J. Chem.,44, 1961 (1966).Google Scholar
- 7.G. Del Rey, B. Pullman, and T. Yonezawa, Biochim. et Biophys, Acta,75, 153 (1963).Google Scholar
- 8.L. M. Sverdlov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz.,17, 567 (1953).Google Scholar
- 9.S. Kishida and K. Nakamoto, J. Chem. Phys.,41, 1554, 1558 (1964);42, 1662(1965).Google Scholar
- 10.M. Haurie and A. Novak, J. Chim. Phys. et Phys. Chim. Biol.,62, 137 (1965).Google Scholar
- 11.T. Higuchi and C. Rehm, Analyt. Chem.,27, 408 (1955).Google Scholar
- 12.V. A. Zarinskii and I. A. Gur'ev, Zh. Analiticheskoi Khim.,18, 1306 (1961).Google Scholar
- 13.V. A. Zarinskii and I. A. Gur'ev, Tr. po Khimii i Khim. Tekhnologii Gor'kovsk., In-ta im. N. I. Lobachevskogo, No. 2, 267(1963).Google Scholar
- 14.I. N. Putilova, Manual of Practical Exercises in Colloid Chemistry fin Russian], Goskhimizdat (1952), P. 81.Google Scholar