Transition radiation in the presence of excited media
- 9 Downloads
The transition radiation in excited dispersing media is determined by the quantum index of refraction found in this paper. In the resonant-frequency region it is not related to the dielectric constant of the medium and cannot be calculated on the basis of the semiclassical radiation theory.
KeywordsRadiation Dielectric Constant Refraction Transition Radiation Excited Medium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. Ginzburg and I. Frank, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.,16, 15 (1946).Google Scholar
- 2.B. A. Veklenko, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 11, 8 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.B. A. Veklenko, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 8, 74 (1982).Google Scholar
- 4.B. A. Veklenko, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 9, 71 (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, The Electrodynamics of Continuous Media [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1982), p. 560.Google Scholar