Are black holes black?
This work presents a resolution of the causality paradox formulated by T. D. Lee in the theory of the Unruh effect and in the theory of black holes. The basis of the resolution is to take into account the transformation of a pure state into a mixed state in a measurement, which leads to a corresponding modification of the Bogolyubov transformations, so that “black holes remain black.”
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. D. Lee, Nucl. Phys. B,264, 437 (1986).Google Scholar
- 2.W. Unruh, Phys. Rev. D,14, 870 (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.N. Birrel and P. Davis, Quantized Fields in Curved Space-Time [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1984), p. 619.Google Scholar
- 4.H. Araki and G. Woods, J. Math. Phys.,4, 637 (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Grib, Usp. Fiz. Nauk,142, 619 (1984).Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Grib and N. Sh. Urusova, in: Abstracts, 10th International Conference on General Relativity of Gravitation, Vol. 2 (1983), p. 1081.Google Scholar