Thermoelastic response of a cylinder in the generalised dynamical theory of thermoelasticity
Using the generalised dynamical theory of thermoelasticity, thermoelastic problem for an isotropic infinite circular cylinder has been solved by approximate techniques. A two dimensional harmonic problem for a cylinder has also been considered and small amplitude vibrations of the circular cylinder have been studied further.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. W. Lord andY. Shulman,The generalised dynamical theory of thermoelasticity, J. Mech. Phy. Solids15, No. 5 (1967).Google Scholar
- S. Kaliski,Wave equation of heat conduction, Bulletin de l'Académie Pol. des Sciences,13, No. 4 (1965).Google Scholar
- Josef Meixner,On the linear theory of heat conduction, Archives for Rational Mech. and Analysis39, No. 2 (1970), 106–130.Google Scholar
- W. Nowacki,Thermoelasticity (Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1962).Google Scholar
- A. E. H. Love,Mathematical Theory of Elasticity, Camb. Univ. Press, 1927.Google Scholar
- P. Chadwick,Progress in Solid Mechanics (the dynamical theory, Amsterdam, 1960).Google Scholar
- M. C. Wadhawan,Radially Symmetrical Thermoelastic Disturbances in Generalised Dynamical Theory of Thermoelasticity, Pure and Appl. Geophys.99/VII (1972).Google Scholar