Dynamic thermoelastic response of a cylinder
- 44 Downloads
In this paper, dynamic thermoelastic response of an infinite solid circular cylinder has been studied when the surface of the cylinder is kept at zero temperature initially. The solution is developed by Laplace transforms and complex variable theory when the inertia terms are included in the equations of motion. Asymptotic solution for small times has also been obtained.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V. I. Danilovakaya,Thermal stresses in an elastic half-space due to a sudden heating of its boundary (in Russian), Prik. Math. Mekh.14 (1950), 316.Google Scholar
- W. Nowacki,A dynamical problem of thermoelasticity, Arch. Mech. Stos.9 (1957), 325.Google Scholar
- J. Ignaczak,Thermal displacements in an elastic semi-space due to sudden heating of the bounding plane, Arch. Mech. Stos.9 (1957), 395.Google Scholar
- E. Sternberg andJ. G. Chakravorty,On inertia effects in transient thermoelastic problem, J. Appl. Mech.26 (4) (1959).Google Scholar
- E. Sternberg andJ. G. Chakravorty,Thermal shock in an elastic body with a spherical cavity. Quart. Appl. Math.17 (1959), 2.Google Scholar
- T. Mura,Thermal strains and stresses in transient state, Proc. Second Japan. Nat. Congr. Appl. Mech., 1952, pp. 9–14.Google Scholar
- R. S. Dhaliwal andK. L. Chowdhury,Dynamical problems of thermoelasticity for cylindrical regions, Arch. Mech. Stos.1 (20) (1968), 47–66.Google Scholar
- B. A. Boley andJ. H. Weiner,Theory of Thermal Stresses (John Wiley, New York, 1960).Google Scholar