Radially symmetrical thermoelastic disturbances in generalised dynamical theory of thermoelasticity
- 36 Downloads
In this paper, a dynamical problem for a spherical cavity in an infinite medium in the generalised theory ofthermoelasticity has been considered. An approximate solution is obtained by perturbation expansion and asymptotic solution for small times has also been obtained.
KeywordsApproximate Solution Small Time Asymptotic Solution Dynamical Problem Dynamical Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. W. Lord andY. Shulman,The generalised dynamical theory ofthermoelasticity, tJ. Mech. Phy. Solids15, No. 5 (1967).Google Scholar
- S. Kaliski,Wave equation ofheat conduction, Bulletin de L'Académie pol. des Sciences,13, No. 4 (1965).Google Scholar
- E. Sternberg andJ. G. Chakravorty,Thermal shock in an elastic body with a spherical cavity, Quart. App. Math.17, 2 (1959), 205.Google Scholar
- A. M. Katasonov,Propagation of spherical thermal viscoelastic disturbances (in Russian), Vyest. Mosk. U (1957).Google Scholar
- P. Chadwick,Progress in Solid Mechanics, The dynamical theory, Amsterdam (1960).Google Scholar
- W. Nowacki,Thermoelasticity, Pergamon Press, Oxford (1962).Google Scholar