Critical success factors for knowledge-based software engineering applications
- 45 Downloads
A key problem in KBSE is evaluating the prospective utility of proposed KBSA tools. This paper analyzes the utility of ten KBSA prototype applications that were developed as part of an advanced course. Based on such an analysis, we hypothesize three new critical success factors for explaining their utility. The factors identify key elements of KBSA tools that serve as indicators of their likely utility.
KeywordsOperating System Artificial Intelligence Engineering Application Software Engineering Success Factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Boehm, B.W. 1981.Software Engineering Economics. Prentice Hall, 1981.Google Scholar
- Boehm, B.W. 1989.Software Risk Management. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos, CA.Google Scholar
- Bolcer, G. 1995. User Interface Design Assistance For Scale Software Development.Automated Software Engineering, 2, 1995.Google Scholar
- DoD, 1991. DoD Software Technology Strategy.Office of the DDR&E.Google Scholar
- Green, C., Luckham, D., Balzer, R., Cheatham, T., and Rich, C. 1983.Report on a Knowledge-Based Software Assistant. RADC Technical Report.Google Scholar
- Gacek, C. 1993. KBSE Tool for Megaprogramming.IRUS Reuse-Based Software Engineering Symposium.Google Scholar
- Jackson, P., 1990.Introduction to Expert Systems (2nd. ed.). Addison Wesley.Google Scholar
- Kelly, R.V. Jr., 1991.Practical Knowledge Engineering. Digital Press.Google Scholar
- Madachy, R. 1995. Knowledge-Based Risk Assessment Using Cost Factors.Automated Software Engineering, 2, 1995.Google Scholar
- Toth, G. 1995. Automated Method for Identifying and Prioritizing Project Risk Factors.Automated Software Engineering, 2, 1995.Google Scholar
- Waterman, D.A. 1986.A Guide to Expert Systems. Addison Wesley, 1986.Google Scholar