Use of activated esters in the synthesis of models related to the structure of silk fibroin
- 32 Downloads
Polypeptides containing the -ala-gly- sequence were synthesized by the polymerization of the p-nitrophenyl and 2,4,6-trichlorophenyl esters of ala-gly and gly-ala. The obtained polypeptides have aβ-structure, which is related to the structure of silk fibroin.
The polypeptide obtained using the 2,4,6-trichlorophenyl esters has the best properties.
KeywordsPolymerization Ester Polypeptide Good Property Silk Fibroin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. H. Meyer and H. Mark, Ber.,61, 1932 (1928).Google Scholar
- 2.J. Noguchi and T. Haykawa, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,76, 2846 (1954).Google Scholar
- 3.R. D. Fraser, T. P. MacRae, F. H. C. Stewart, and E. Suzuki, J. Mol. Biol..11, 706 (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.F. Lucas, J. T. Shaw, and S. G. Smith, Nature,178, 861 (1956).Google Scholar
- 5.F. H. C. Stewart, Austral. J. Chem.,19, 489 (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.T. H. Applewhite and J. S. Nelson, Tetrahedron Letters, 819 (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.H. N. Rydon and P. W. Smith, J. Chem. Soc., 3642 (1956).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. N. Chirgadze, Infrared Spectra and Structure of Polypeptides and Proteins [in Russian], Nauka (1965).Google Scholar