Strain continuity equations in Timoshenko-type shell theory
- 58 Downloads
The general linear continuity equations for shells for which the Timoshenko shear model is used as the kinematic relations are derived in tensor form. Particular cases of the continuity equations are considered for shells with the lines of principal curvature as coordinates and for cylindrical shells.
KeywordsContinuity Equation Cylindrical Shell Principal Curvature Linear Continuity Shell Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. M. Naghdi, Foundations of Elastic Shell Theory. Progress in Solid Mechanics, 4, North Holland (1963), p. 2.Google Scholar
- 2.H. Kraus, Thin Elastic Shells, New York (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.A. L. Gol'denveizer, Theory of Thin Elastic Shells [in Russian], Moscow (1953).Google Scholar
- 4.M. P. Sheremet'ev, Theory of Strains. Lectures on the Theory of Elasticity [in Russian], L'vov (1962).Google Scholar
- 5.E. I. Lun', Some Problems of the Theory and Design of Shells with Allowance for Transverse Shears, Dissertation, L'vov (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.R. B. Rikards and G. A. Teters, in: Theory of Plates and Shells [in Russian], Moscow (1971), p. 241.Google Scholar