The relationships among height, penile length, and foot size
- 1.1k Downloads
To determine whether "folk myths" regarding the relationships of penile size to body height and foot size have any basis in fact, 63 normally virilized men were studied. Height and stretched penile length were measured; shoe size was recorded and converted to foot length. Penile length was found to be statistically related to both body height and foot length, but with weak correlation coefficients. Height and foot size would not serve as practical estimators of penis length.
KeywordsWeak Correlation Body Height Practical Estimator Shoe Size Penis Length
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ajmani, M.L., Jain, S.P., & Saxena, S.K. (1985). Anthropometric study of male external genitalia of 320 healthy Nigerians.Anthropologischer Anzeiger, 43, 179–186.Google Scholar
- Chaurasia, B.D. & Singh, T.B. (1974). Anthropological data of male external genitals in central Indian healthy adults.Anthropologischer Anzeiger, 34, 210–216.Google Scholar
- Farkas, L.G. (1976). Basic morphological data of external genitals in 177 healthy central European men.American Journal of Physical Anthropology, 34, 325–328.Google Scholar
- Fujieda, K. & Matsuura, N. (1987). Growth and measurement in the male genitalia from birth to adolescence. II. Change of penile length.Acta Paediatrica Japonica, 19, 220–223.Google Scholar
- Janda, L.H. & Klenke-Hamel, K.E. (1980).Human sexuality. New York: Van Nostrad, pp 15–40.Google Scholar
- Johnson, W.R. & Belzer, E.G. (1973).Human sexual behaviour and sex education, 3rd edition. London: Lea and Fiberger, pp. 31–86.Google Scholar
- Loeb, H. (1899). Harnrohrencapacitat und Tripperspritzen.Munchen Medizinische Wochenschrift, 46, 1016–1019Google Scholar
- Masters, W.H. & Johnson, V.E. (1980).Human sexual response. Boston: Little, Brown, & Co., pp. 191–192.Google Scholar
- McCary, J.L. (1971).Sexual myths and fallacies. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold Co., pp. 1–36.Google Scholar
- Schonfeld, W.A. (1943). Primary and secondary sexual characteristics.American Journal of Diseases of Children, 65, 535–549.Google Scholar
- Schonfeld, W.A. & Beebe, G.W. (1942). Normal growth and variations in the male genitalia from birth to maturity.Journal of Urology, 48, 759–777.Google Scholar