Development of the concepts of volume filling of micropores in the adsorption of gases and vapors by microporous adsorbents
- 61 Downloads
Synthetic zeolites of various compositions and crystal chemical structures differ extremely substantially in average density in the adsorption space of the cations accessible for direct interaction with the molecules being adsorbed, and in their number for a unit mass of the adsorbent. This determines the limiting cases of adsorption with a weakly or strongly expressed role of the electrostatic component in the total adsorption interaction.
The volume nature of the filling of the micropores of the zeolite and, in a satisfactory approximation, the temperature invariance of the characteristic equation of adsorption, are the experimental bases for the theory of the adsorption of gases and vapors on zeolites.
In the case of weakly expressed electrostatic interactions, the adsorption on zeolites is closest in nature to adsorption on microporous adsorbents, which do not contain active centers in the form of cations in the adsorption space.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. M. Dubinin, S. P. Zhdanov, N. G. Zhukovskaya, K. Murdmaa, E. F. Polstyanov, I. E. Sakavov, and N. A. Shishakov, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1565, 1573 (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.M. M. Dubinin, E. G. Zhukovskaya, V. M. Luk'yanovich, K. O. Murdmaa, E. F. Polstyanov, and E. E. Senderov, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1500 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.L. S. Dent and J. V. Smith, Nature,181, 1794 (1958).Google Scholar
- 4.L. W. Staples and J. A. Gard, Min. Mag.,32, 261 (1959).Google Scholar
- 5.R. M. Barrer and H. Villinger, Z. Kristallograph.,128, 352 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.M. M. Dubinin and V. A. Astakhov, this issue, p. 3.Google Scholar
- 7.M. M. Dubinin, E. G. Zhukovskaya, and K. O. Murdmaa, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. Khim., 620 (1966).Google Scholar
- 8.M. M. Dubinin and E. G. Zhukovskaya, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. Khim., 802 (1966).Google Scholar
- 9.K. M. Nikolaev and M. M. Dubinin, Izv. AN SSSR, Otd. Khim., 1165 (1958).Google Scholar
- 10.N. N. Avgul', B. G. Aristov, A. V. Kiselev, L. Ya. Kurdyukova, and N. V. Frolova, Zh. Fiz. Khim.,42, 2682 (1968).Google Scholar
- 11.M. M. Dubinin, O. Kadlec, and A. Zukal, Collection Czech. Chem. Commun.,31, 406 (1966).Google Scholar
- 12.R. M. Barrer and J. A. Lee, Surface Science,12, 354 (1968).Google Scholar