Detection of inflammatory lesions with radiolabelled immunoglobuline
- 23 Downloads
Previous reports on the use of radiolabelled immunoglobulins led us to undertake a pilot experiment in an animal model to investigate the potentials of Tc 99m-immunoglobulin scintigraphy in the detection of infectious foci. Mice infected in one leg with staphylococcus infection were injected with Tc 99m-immunoglobulin, Tc 99m-albumin or gallium citrate Ga 67. The results obtained by scintigraphy suggested a specific accumulation of radiolabelled immunoglobulin at the site of infection. Visualization of the infection and the image quality, especially the 6- and 24-h images, were clearly enhanced after the use of immunoglobulin preparations as compared with gallium.
Key wordsImmunoglobulins Infection Inflammation 99mTc labelling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Blok D, Feitsma RIJ, Wasser MNJM, Nieuwenhuizen W, Pauwels EKJ (1989) A new method for protein labeling with99Tc. Nucl Med Biol 16:11–16Google Scholar
- Crama-Bohboutz GE, Arndt JW, Pena AS, Verspaget HW, Thon A, Tham RTO, Weterman IT, Pauwels EKJ, Lamers CBHW (1988) Value of Indium-111 granulocyte scintigraphy in the assessment of Crohn's disease of the small intestine. Digestion 40:227–236Google Scholar
- Feitsma RIJ, Blok D, Wasser MNJM, Nieuwenhuizen W, Pauwels EKJ (1987) A new method for99mTc-labelling of proteins with an application to clot detection with an antifibrin monoclonal antibody. Nucl Med Commun 8:771–777Google Scholar
- Fischman AJ, Wilkinson R, Khaw BA, Callahan RJ, Ahmad M, Locke E, Nossiff ND, Strauss HW, Rubin RH (1988 a) Imaging of localized bacterial infections with radiolabeled non-specific antibody fragments. J Nucl Med 29:610 (abstr)Google Scholar
- Fischman AJ, Rubin RH, Khaw BA, Callahan RJ, Wilkinson R, Keech F, Nedelman M, Dragotakes S, Kramer PB, LaMuragia GM, Lind S, Strauss HW (1988 b) Detection of acute inflammation with111In-labeled nonspecific polyclonal IgG. Semin Nucl Med 28:335–344Google Scholar
- Locher JTh, Seybold K, Andres R, Schubiger PA, Mach JP, Buchegger F (1986) Imaging of inflammatory and infectious lesions after injection of radioiodinated monoclonal anti-granulocytes antibodies. Nucl Med Commun 7:659–670Google Scholar
- Peters AM, Osman S, Henderson BL, Kelly JD, Danpure HJ, Hawker RJ, Hodgson HJ, Neirinckx RD, Lavender JP (1986) Clinical experience with99mTc-hexamethylpropyleneamineoxime for labelling leucocytes and imaging inflammation. Lancet ii: 946–949Google Scholar
- Roddie ME, Peters AM, Danpure HJ, Osman S, Henderson BL, Lavender PJ, Carroll MJ, Neirinckx RD, Kelly JD (1988) Inflamation: imaging with99mTc-HMPAO-labeled leucocytes. Radiology 166:767–772Google Scholar
- Rubin RH, Young LS, Hansen WP, Nedelman M, Wilkinson R, Nelles MJ, Callahan R, Khaw BA, Strauss HW (1988) Specific and nonspecific imaging of localized Fischer immunotype 1Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection with radiolabeled monoclonal antibody. J Nucl Med 29:651–656Google Scholar
- Vorne M, Karhunen K, Lantto T, Mokka R, Mäkelä P, Nikoskelainen J, Rajamäki A (1988) Comparison of123I monoclonal granulocyte antibody and99mTc-HMPAO-labelled leucocytes in the detection of inflammation. Nucl Med Commun 9:623–629Google Scholar