Method of the most probable path of evolution in the theory of stationary irreversible processes
Nonequilibrium stationary thermodynamic systems are described by stationary random Markov processes with discrete time. For given macroscopic conditions, the condition of maximum path entropy determines the process.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. Prigogine, Introduction to the Thermodynamics of Irreversible Processes [Russian translation], IL, 1960.Google Scholar
- 2.W. Feller, An Introduction to Probability Theory and Its Applications [Russian translation], IL, 1952.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Ya. Khinchin, UMN, vol. 8, no. 3(55), 1953.Google Scholar
- 4.E. Schrödinger, Statistical Thermodynamics [Russian translation], IL, 1948.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Ya. Khinchin, Mathematical Foundations of Statistical Mechanics [in Russian], Gostekhizdat, 1943.Google Scholar
- 6.K. Huang, Statistical Mechanics [Russian translation], Izd. Mir, 1966.Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Filyukov and V. Ya. Karpov, IFZh [Journal of Engineering Physics],13, 5, 1967.Google Scholar