Promotional effect of Pt on non-oxidative methane transformation over Mo-HZSM-5 catalyst
- 305 Downloads
The influence of modification of Mo-HZSM-5 catalyst by Pt on methane non-oxidative transformation to ethylene and aromatics is investigated. Carbon accumulation on the catalyst is studied by means of DTA and TG methods. It is demonstrated that the addition of Pt to Mo-HZSM-5 considerably enhances the catalyst stability and reduces the carbon deposition on the catalyst. In the meanwhile, Mo-HZSM-5 is shown not to be a good catalyst for methane non-oxidative conversion because the total efficiency for methane conversion to useful products is even lower than it is in the oxidative coupling process.
Keywordsmethane non-oxidative conversion platinum/molybdenum/HZSM-5 zeolite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L. Wang, L. Tao, M. Xie, G. Xu, J. Huang and Y. Xu, Catal. Lett. 21 (1993) 35.Google Scholar
- L.Y. Chen, L.W. Lin, Z.S. Xu, J.L. Zang and T. Zhang, Paper presented at theMethane and Alkanes Conversion Symposium, San Diego, 13–18 March 1994 (Plenum Press, New York, 1996), in press.Google Scholar
- L.Y. Chen, L.W. Lin, Z.S. Xu., T. Zhang and X.S. Li, J. Catal. 157 (1995) 190.Google Scholar
- K. Murata and H. Ushijima, J. Chem. Soc. Chem. Commun. (1994) 1157.Google Scholar
- J.R. Rostrup-Nielsen, Catal. Today 18 (1993) 125.Google Scholar