Quantitative determination of sodium excretory factor in biological fluids
- 10 Downloads
Quantitative determination of sodium-excretory factor was carried out on isolated everted segments of rat jejunum. After addition of the test blood plasma to the incubation medium changes in absorption of fluid by the intestinal epithelium were recorded. The quantity of sodium-excretory factor capable of completely blocking the transport activity of the intestinal epithelium was taken as one intestinal unit of sodium excretory factor.
Key Wordssodium excretory factor transport in the small intestine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. Ivanov, Kardiologiya, No. 8, 138 (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.L. J. Barton, L. H. Lackner, F. C. Rector, et al., Kidney Int.,1, 19 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.B. M. Brenner, S. L. Troy, and T. M. Daugharty, J. Clin. Invest.,50, 1596 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.J. H. Cort, T. Dousa, V. Pliska, et al., Am. J. Physiol.,215, 921 (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.J. M. Diamond, J. Gen. Physiol.,48, 15 (1964).Google Scholar
- 6.J. M. Diamond and J. M. Tormey, Nature,210, 817 (1966).Google Scholar
- 7.J. Heller, Physiol. Bohemoslov.,10, 167 (1961).Google Scholar