The receptor field of reflex contraction of the muscles of the anterior abdominal wall in man
- 19 Downloads
A study was made of the electrical activity of the muscles of the anterior abdominal wall and of the left iliac area in 24 patients with acute appendicitis.
In most of the cases mechanical stimulation of the parietal peritoneum and viscera provoked a rise in the electrical activity of the abdominal muscles. A similar increase was observed also during the mechanical stimulation of the hernial sac in patients with a nonstrangulated inguinal hernia. These results indicate that défense musculaire is a visceromotor reflex, the parietal peritoneum and visceral organs being included in its receptor link.
KeywordsPublic Health Abdominal Wall Appendicitis Inguinal Hernia Electrical Activity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. P. Goncharov, Visceral Reflexes from the Intestines Candidates in Dissertation for Doctorate, Leningrad (1941).Google Scholar
- 2.L. N. Zefirov and G. I. Poletaev, Byull. éksper. biol., No. 3 (1956), p. 13.Google Scholar
- 3.L. N. Zefirov and G. I. Poletaev, Fiziol. zh. SSSR, No. 1 (1958), p. 45.Google Scholar
- 4.Ya. V. Lavochkin, Transactions of the 24th All-Union Congress of Surgeons, Moscow-Leningrad (1939), p. 509.Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Livshits, Eksper. khir., No. 1 (1963), p. 31.Google Scholar
- 6.M. R. Mogendovich, The Reflex Interaction of the Locomotor and Visceral Systems [in Russian], Leningrad (1957).Google Scholar
- 7.A. F. Popov, The Mechanism of the Origin of the Contraction of the Muscles of the Anterior Abdominal Wall. Candidate's dissertation, Kazan' (1955).Google Scholar
- 8.V. N. Chernigovskii, Fiziol. zh. SSSR, No. 5 (1947), p. 657.Google Scholar
- 9.K. E. Hagbarth and E. Kuqelberg, Brain, Vol. 81 (1958), p. 305.Google Scholar
- 10.H. Higier, Z. ges. Neurol. Psychiat., 1928, Bd. 112, S. 730.Google Scholar
- 11.J. Mackenzie, Les Symptomes et leur interprétation. Paris (1923).Google Scholar
- 12.R. D. Teasdall and J. W. Magladery, Arch. Neurol. Psychiat., Vol. 81 (1959), p. 28.Google Scholar