Forward slip in the rolling of strip from metal powders
Analysis of metal-powder rolling coefficients has made it possible to approach the examination of velocity conditions from a new angle and obtain an analytical expression for determining the velocity of entry of powder consolidated to its tap density into the rolling-mill rolls. Forward slip in powder rolling is characterized both by the densification coefficient and the ratio hs/D. It is shown that, in the rolling of porous strip of constant thickness, varying the density under the rolling of porous strip whose thickness and density are strongly affected by changes in rolling velocity, the latter may exert an indirect influence on forward slip. In the rolling of porous strip whose thickness and density are strongly affected by changes in rolling velocity, the latter may exert an indirect influence on forward slip.
KeywordsMetal Powder Velocity Condition Constant Thickness Indirect Influence Forward Slip
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. I. Aksenov, In: Powder Metallurgy [in Russian], NTO Mashprom, Moscow (1954).Google Scholar
- 2.V. P. Severdenko and E. B. Lozhechnikov, DAN Belorussk. SSR8, No. 4 (1964).Google Scholar
- 3.N. N. Pavlov, Tr. Leningr. Politekhn. Inst., No. 238, Izd-vo “Mashinostroenie,” Moscow-Leningrad (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.G. A. Vinogradov and V. P. Katashinskii, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 8 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.V. Z. Zhilkin and L. M. Gaidar', Poroshkovaya Met., No. 10 (1965).Google Scholar