Application of the method of reference points for calculating the density of strips rolled from powders
- 26 Downloads
An analysis of experimental data on the relationship between the density and thickness of strips rolled from iron, nickel, aluminum, titanium, and stainlesssteel powders in rolling mills with different roller diameters was performed. It was shown that the dependence of the density on the thickness of strips is determined by the method used for varying the strip thickness.
It was found that the density of strips heavily depends on the strip width. A method for calculating the density of rolled strips which takes into account all the geometric and physicomechanical parameters of the process and which yields results that are in good agreement with experimental data was proposed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. A. Vinogradov and Yu. N. Semenov, Rolling of Metal Powders [in Russian], Metallurgizdat, Moscow (1960).Google Scholar
- 2.A. N. Nikolaev, “Steel strips produced by using the method of powder rolling,” Trudy GPI,14, No. 2 (1958).Google Scholar
- 3.A. N. Nikolaev, “Force applied to the rollers and the trapping angle in rolling iron powder,” Trudy GPI,14, No. 2 (1958).Google Scholar
- 4.G. I. Aksenov, V. G. Khromov, A. N. Nikolaev, and Yu. N. Semenov, “Rolling of titanium powder into thin strips according to the GPI method.” Titanium and Its Alloys [in Russian], Izd. AN SSSR, No. 3 (1960).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Naeser and F. Zirm, Stahl u. Eisen, No. 22, 70 (1950).Google Scholar
- 6.G. A. Vinogradov and I. M. Fedorchenko, Poroshkovaya Metallurgiya, No. 1, 61 (1961).Google Scholar
- 7.D. Worna and R. Perks, Powder Metallurgy, No. 3, London (1959).Google Scholar
- 8.I. M. Pavlov, Theory of Rolling [in Russian], Metallurgizdat, Moscow (1950).Google Scholar
- 9.G. I. Aksenov, “Rolling of strips from metal powders,” Trudy VNITOM (1954).Google Scholar
- 10.P. Evans and G. Smith, Powder Metallurgy, No. 3, London (1959).Google Scholar
- 11.G. A. Vinogradov and L. I. Komarova, Poroshkovaya Metallurgiya, No. 1, 27 (1962).Google Scholar