Stationary vacuum fields with a conformally flat three-space. III. Complete solution
It is shown that stationary vacuum space-times having a conformally flat 3-space are always characterized by a functional relationship between the real and imaginary parts of the Ernst potential. This result is based on a new formulation of Einstein's equation, and it completes the investigation of vacuum space-times with conformally flat spaces.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lukács, B., Perjés, Z., Sebestyén, À., and Sparling, G. A. J. (1983).Gen. Rel. Grav.,15, 511.Google Scholar
- 2.Perjés, Z. (1986).Gen. Rel. Grav.,18, 511.Google Scholar
- 3.Lukács, B., Perjés, Z., Sebestyén, À., and Sparling, G. A. J. KFKI-1983–31 preprint.Google Scholar
- 4.Kramer, D., Stephani, H., MacCallum, M. A. H., and Herlt, E. (1980).Exact Solutions of Einstein's Field Equations (Veb Deutscher Verlag, Berlin).Google Scholar
- 5.York, J. W. (1972).Phys. Rev. Lett.,28, 1082.Google Scholar
- 6.Hearn, A. (1979). University of Utah preprint.Google Scholar