Tunneling measurements of the superconductor Nd1.85C0.15CuO4−δ
- 14 Downloads
We report tunneling measurements of the electron-doped superconductor Nd1.85Ce0.15Cu04−gd using break junctions. The observed finest gap structure is well expressed by the BCS density of states with the energy gap of Δ = 6.1 meV and a very small broadening parameter, having the ratio 2Δ/kBTc = 8.2 with Tc = 17.3 K. These features are similar to our tunneling results for the hole-doped cuprate superconductors. Therefore we find no essential difference in the gap structure, in spite of a common believing of the pairingsymmetry difference between them.
PACS numbers74.50.+r 74.72.−h
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Q. Huang et al.,Nature 347, 369 (1990).Google Scholar
- 2.D.H. Wu et al.,Phys. Rev. Lett. 70, 85 (1993).Google Scholar
- 3.R.C. Dynes et al.,Phys. Rev. Lett. 41, 1509 (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Ekino et al.,Physica C (1996, in press).Google Scholar
- 5.T. Ekino and J. Akimitsu, inFrontiers in Solid State Sciences, Superconductivity, L.C. Gupta and M.S. Multani, eds. (World Scientific, Singapore, 1993) Vol.1, p. 477.Google Scholar
- 6.T. Ekino et al.,Physica C 235 – 240, 1899 (1994).Google Scholar
- 7.T. Ekino and J. Akimitsu,Phys. Rev. B 40, 7364 (1989).Google Scholar