Adolescent male prostitution by choice
- 301 Downloads
The literature on adolescent male prostitution is scant. The few existing papers tend to focus on the status of adolescent runaways coerced into prostitution within large cities. This article describes prostitution in a midsized midwestern city without many of the anticipated preconditions. Such practice may be more common than is normally assumed.
KeywordsSocial Psychology Large City Midwestern City Adolescent Runaway Male Prostitution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Allen, D.M. (1980). Young male prostitutes: A psychosocial study.Archives of Sexual Behavior, 9, 399–426.Google Scholar
- Beker, J. (1987). Helping kids grow — helping kids die.Child and Youth Care Quarterly, 16, 225–226.Google Scholar
- Cates, J. (1987). Adolescent sexuality: gay and lesbian issues.Child Welfare, 46, 353–364.Google Scholar
- Caukins, S. E., & Coombs, N. R. (1976). The psychodynamics of male prostitution.American Journal of Psychotherapy, 30, 441–451.Google Scholar
- Coombs, N. R. (1974). Male prostitution: A psychosocial view of behavior.American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 44, 782–785.Google Scholar
- Mathews, F. (1987).Familiar strangers: A study of adolescent prostitution. Toronto: Central Toronto Youth Services.Google Scholar
- Satterfield, S. B. (1981). Clinical aspects of juvenile prostitution.Medical Aspects of Human Sexuality, 15, 126–132.Google Scholar
- Schaffer, B., & DeBlassie, R. R. (1984). Adolescent prostitution.Adolescence, 19, 689–696.Google Scholar