Charge dynamics and spin order in doped Hubbard models
- 33 Downloads
Hole motion in an antiferromagnetic (AF) environment is accompanied by the emission of spin wave excitations. Spin-wave shakeoffs are responsible for incoherent contributions to the dynamics of propagating holes. Using a spin-density-wave polaron scheme we calculate the optical conductivity σ(ω) and show that the incoherent part of the hole spectrum contributes to the low-frequency part of σ(ω).
Separately, we discuss the possible formation of spiral spin patterns upon doping of the half-filled one-band Hubbard model. In particular, we consider the influence of band structure effects arising from nearest- and next-nearest-neighbor hopping processes on a square lattice. Differences in the ground state spin patterns for hole and electron doping are obtained offering a possible explanation for the persistence of AF order in low electron-doped cuprate superconductors.
PACS numbers75.10L 75.30F 75.30D
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. Brenig and A. P. Kampf, previous article in this volume andEurophys. Lett. 24, 679 (1993)Google Scholar
- 2.B.I. Shraiman and E.D. Siggia,Phys. Rev. Lett. 62, 1564 (1989);Phys. Rev. B 40, 9162 (1989)Google Scholar
- 3.C. Jayaprakash, H.R. Krishnamurty, and S. Sarker,Phys. Rev. B 40, 2610 (1989)Google Scholar
- 4.C.L. Kane, P.A. Lee, T.K. Ng, B. Chakraborty, and N. Read,Phys. Rev. B 41, 2653 (1990)Google Scholar
- 5.E. Arrigoni and G.C. Strinati,Phys. Rev. B 44, 7455 (1991)Google Scholar
- 6.R. Frésard and P. Wölfle,J. Phys. Condensed Matt. 4, 3625 (1992); M. Dzierzawa,Zeitschrift für Physik B 86, 49 (1992); R. Frésard, M. Dzierzawa, and P. Wölfle,Europhys. Lett. 15, 325 (1991)Google Scholar
- 7.F.F. Assaad,Phys. Rev. B 47, 7910 (1993)Google Scholar
- 8.T.R. Thurston, M. Matsuda, K. Kakurai, K. Yamada, Y. Endoh, R.J. Birgeneau, P.M. Gehring, Y. Hidaka, M.A. Kastner, T. Murakami, and G. Shirane,Phys. Rev. Lett. 65, 263 (1990)Google Scholar
- 9.S. Uchida, T. Ido, H. Takagi, T. Arima, Y. Tokura, S. Tajima,Phys. Rev. B 43, 7942 (1991)Google Scholar
- 10.H.Q. Lin and J.E. Hirsch,Phys. Rev. B 35, 3359 (1987)Google Scholar
- 11.Z.Y. Weng and C.S. Ting,Phys. Rev. B 42, 803 (1990)Google Scholar
- 12.B. Keimer, A. Aharony, A. Auerbach, R.J. Birgeneau, A. Cassanho, Y. Endoh, R.W. Erwin, M.A. Kastner, and G. Shirane,Phys. Rev. B 45, 7430 (1992)Google Scholar