Thin-film resistance thermometer for registering the surface temperature of a powder at high heat transfer rates
- 62 Downloads
A method has been developed for preparing thin (0.5 μ) nickel films by electrolytic deposition. These films can be used as resistance thermometers for registering the surface temperature of powder specimens at high heat transfer rates.
The thin-film nickel resistance thermometers thus obtained were calibrated in the range 0–300° C using a static method.
A three-channel amplifying thermometric bridge has been designed and built. This bridge has a sensitivity of 0.025 mA/ohm and a passband of more than 10 kHz at a nonlinear distortion coefficient of less than 0.5% (for each channel).
Preliminary experiments have been conducted on the ignition of ballistite N powder+carbon black using a film-resistance thermometer to register the surface temperature.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. D. Baer and N. W. Ryan, AIAAJ., 3, 5, 884, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.M. W. Evans, R. B. Beyer, and L. McCulley, Chem. Phys. J., 40, 9, 2431, 1964.Google Scholar
- 3.R. B. Beyer, N. Fishman, in: Solid Propellant Rocket Research, Academic Press, New York-London, 1960.Google Scholar
- 4.S. W. Churchill, R. W. Kruggel, and J. C. Brier, A. I. Ch. E. J., 2, 568, 1956.Google Scholar
- 5.A. D. Baer, N. W. Ryan, and D. L. Salt, in: Solid Propellant Rocket Research, Academic Press, New York-London, 1960.Google Scholar
- 6.R. F. McAlevy, P. L. Cowan, and M. Summerfield, in: Solid Propellant Rocket Research, Academic Press, New York-London, 1960.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Summerfield and R. F. McAlevy, Jet propulsion, 66, 478, 1958.Google Scholar
- 8.M. A. Cook and F. A. Olson, A. I. Ch. E. J., 1, 391, 1955.Google Scholar
- 9.J. F. Roth and G. P. Wachtell, Industr. and Eng. Chem., 1, 1, 62, 1962.Google Scholar
- 10.J. Powling and W. A. W. Smith, Comb. Flame, 3, 3, 269, 1963.Google Scholar
- 11.E. A. Arden, J. Powling, and W. A. W. Smith, Comb. Flame, 6, 1, 1962.Google Scholar
- 12.J. Powling and W. A. W. Smith, Comb. Flame, 6, 3, 1962.Google Scholar
- 13.B. Bartfai, Manual of Electroplating [in Russian], Mashgiz, 1960.Google Scholar
- 14.G. E. Ozhegov, in: Heat and Mass Transf [in Russian], vol. 1, Minsk, 1962.Google Scholar
- 15.I. G. Naik and E. M. Balsara, Ind. J. Phys., 31, 12, 62, 1957.Google Scholar
- 16.I. D. Konozenko, UFN, 52, 4, 561, 1954.Google Scholar
- 17.R. E. Thun, G. F. Gaunde, and E. R. Pascuitti, RSI, 31, 4, 446, 1960.Google Scholar
- 18.E. V. Konev and S. S. Khlevnoi, PMTF, 2, 167, 1963.Google Scholar
- 19.Yu. A. Polyakov and E. A. Mit'kina, PTE, 4, 140, 1961.Google Scholar