Consideration of vibrational anharmonicity by scaled corrections to the force constants
- 38 Downloads
A method is proposed for introducing scaled corrections to a harmonic force field to take account of vibrational anharmonicity. All the spectra were satisfactorily described by the introduction of only three scaling coefficients in the case of methane and ethane isotopomers.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Methane Inorganic Chemistry Ethane Force Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. S. Ignat'ev and T. F. Tenisheva, Vibrational Spectra and Electronic Structure of Molecules with Carbon—Oxygen and Silicon—Oxygen Bonds [in Russian], Nauka, Leningrad (1991).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Fock, Fundamentals of Quantum Mechanics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.L. A. Gribov and V. A. Dement'ev, Methods and Algorithms in the Theory of the Vibrational Spectra of Molecules [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.D. L. Gray and A. G. Robiette, Mol. Phys.,37, 1901 (1979).Google Scholar
- 5.J. E. Lolck, A. G. Robiette, L. R. Brown, and R. H. Hunt, J. Mol. Spectrosc.,92, 229–245 (1982); G. Poussigue, E. Pascaud, J. P. Champion and G. Pierre, J. Mol. Spectrosc.,93, 351–380 (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.J. E. Lolck, G. Poussigue, E. Pascaud, and G. Guelachvili, J. Mol. Spectrosc.,111, 235–274 (1985).Google Scholar
- 7.R. S. McDowell, M. I. Buchwald, M. S. Sorem, et al., J. Mol. Spectrosc.,112, 363–376 (1985).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Peyerimhoff, M. Lewerenz, and M. Quack, Chem. Phys. Lett.,109, 563–569 (1984).Google Scholar
- 9.J. L. Duncan, R. A. Kelly, G. D. Nivellini, and F. Tullini, J. Mol. Spectrosc.,98, 87–110 (1983).Google Scholar
- 10.F. Lattanzi, C. di Lauro, L. Henry, and A. Valentin, J. Mol. Spectrosc.,148, 338–345 (1991).Google Scholar
- 11.G. G. D'yachenko, “System for the automatic formulation of a vibrational equation using empirical parameters,” Structure and Molecular Energetics, Proceedings of the Fifth All-Union Conference on the Study of Molecular Structure in the Gas Phase [in Russian], Ivanovo (1990), pp. 138–144.Google Scholar